Software and technical engineer with thorough hands-on experience from Testing, QA to Production. I thrive myself on learning new technologies. On my spare time I enjoy building servers just to test and develop ideas running through my mind. I spend much of my free time reading and experimenting.
Comcast – Senior Security Engineer 1/3/2011 – Present
- Develop and maintain a MVT system to manage all firewalls and tools deployed though out the network.
- Developed a RestAPI to interact with Thrift to add Data to LDAP and Active Directory.
- Develop and maintain a remote monitoring system to manage and calculate statistics based on length of time to connect, Authenticate, and download for all VPN remote locations.
- Develop and maintain portal to generate web proxy statistics.
- Develop and maintain security system fault management support procedures for assigned systems.
- Develop and maintain security incident management procedures for assigned systems.
- Investigate opportunities to update security system capabilities or perform policy updates based upon system performance reports and observed incidents or threats.
- Perform configuration updates, such as modifying configurations, signature definitions or implementing new policies.
- Perform daily OS and application-level administration for assigned security elements, support regularly schedule maintenance and change requests.
- Provide advanced application-level support for the resolution of security system faults, including system patches and software upgrades.
- Respond to security incidents and report on incident handling and resolution.
- Ensure timely proactive identification and reporting of security gaps and vulnerabilities to the network infrastructure.
- Assist with the preparation of quarterly, monthly, and weekly reports, and trend analysis, based upon network security incidents, faults and performance data.
- Assist with exception security audits to verify completeness of security required configurations and verify system hardening.
- Participate in the post-mortem investigation of catastrophic network security incidents and prepare security incident reports documenting the findings
Merck Inc – Test Environment Engineer 8/7/2007 – 12/31/2010
- Build and configure Oracle Siebel Environments based on specific applications.
- Configure and manage Unix/HP shell scripts for processing operation data.
- Managing and executing remote scripts using SSH and SCP.
- Manage all change and configuration requests processed.
- Record and document all build and configuration procedures.
- Responsible for maintenance and configuration changes for VMWare 3.5 hosts.
- Configuring and building new servers in a VMware 3.5 environment.
- Migrating data loads from environment to environment.
- Responsible for maintaining Help Desk cases and troubleshooting environment issues.
- Responsible for applying and documenting patches crossed environments.
- Complete builds of Siebel 184.108.40.206 systems and database servers.
- Responsible for configuration and change management for (8) Siebel 220.127.116.11 environments.
Lucid Security Corp – Senior Developer and Security Analyst 5/2003 – 7/6/2006
- Covert installation of security controls and monitoring systems.
- Discreet Insider/Executive/Employee investigations such as Industrial Espionage, extortion, blackmail, theft of Intellectual Property, etc.
- Design and configure Checkpoint firewalls for internal and customer networks.
- Design and extend ipANGEL: an IDS with adaptive intrusion prevention technologies, the primary sustenanceof the company.
- Monitoring Internal and Customer firewalls and servers 24/7 to ensure as little downtime as possible.
- Design and configure 20 UNIX/Solaris servers on demand in production and development environments.
Broadview Networks – Systems Engineer 6/2004 – 12/2005
- Maintain and configure 50 Solaris 7/8/9, 20 FreeBSD, 10 Slackware (linux) systems in an ISP environment.
- Monitor and maintain all ISP related software: qmail, Sendmail, BIND, djbdns, Apache, FreeRADIUS, MySQL, etc.
- Work closely with customers regarding high-speed Internet connections, collocation servers,
- Configure and work closely with customers to build IP networks to meet their needs.
- Troubleshooting Cisco and Livingston routers for T1’s, T3’s, SDSL, and ISDN.
- Maintain DNS management system for use by employees and ISP customers.
- Maintain Virtual Webserver management system.
NetCarrier Inc – UNIX Software Engineer, NOC Technician 10/2002 – 6/2004
- Provide Unix Administrative support to software development efforts
- Coordinate software development efforts with the NOC and system administration departments
- Program as needed in PHP, Shell, HTML, Perl, C in variety of applications
- Configure and interface with Unix-oriented services for software projects such as qmail, Radiator, MySQL, OpenLDAP, Apache, OpenSSH , and OpenSSL
- Ability to manage emergencies and scheduled projects / maintenance 24×7 as required in service-provider environment.
- Troubleshooting dialup connections, web hosting, email and many other Internet related problems.
Abington Highschool Sep 1992 – Jun 1995
High School Diploma
Eastern Center for Arts and Technology Sep 1991 – Jun 1995
High School Diploma
- Scripting Languages: PHP, Perl, Bash, csh, sh,Python,Jquery
- Operating Systems: Linux (Slackware, Debian, RedHat, S.U.S.E, CentOS,Ubuntu), Solaris 7-10, FreeBSD, NetBSD, Microsoft 2000/2003/2008 Server
- Connectivity: OC3, T3, T1, ISDN, xDSL, Ethernet, 802.1q, 802.11
- Web Servers: Apache 2.x, Apache 1.3.x, HTTPD,NGINX, IIS5, IIS4
- Database Servers: MySQL 5.x, MySQL 4.x, Oracle 10/11g
- Routers & Networking: Aruba,PulseSecure,Cisco, Juniper, Flowpoint, Netopia, Netscreen, Livingston, Checkpoint, F5
- Open Source Contributor: phpSupport
- Environment Systems: VMWare 3.5
- Applications: Siebel 18.104.22.168, BackBox, ESX & ESXi,